Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Limericks, limericks, limericks. So many limericks.

 In class this term we have been learning how to write limericks. 
Here are some limericks I have written with my friends and by myself.

Write poetry

A limerick poem is a short humerus story that has 5 lines and is  in the order of AABBA 


Here is an example poem we look at in class…


The apprentice Fairy

I once met an apprentice from Keri

She was training to be a fairy

But one day she got a big fright

She realised she was scared of hight

That was the apprentice from Keri


The kid from the Christian School

I once met a kid from Kaikohe Christian School

He was heart-broken they didn't have a swimming pool

But to his great knowledge

He realised they walk to the northland Collage

That was the kid from the Kaikohe Christian School

  

The girl called Zoe

I once taught a girl called Zoe

She was never ever toey

She sings like an angel in front of our school

And most people think she is really cool

That was the girl called Zoe 


( thank you Whaea Lana for writing this for me ) 

  


1 comment:

  1. What does toey mean?
    it sounds like your talking about a foot, or a tow-truck.

    ReplyDelete